How up-to-date are you on construction sales tax rules?
Thanks to zlien, you may have your security rights under control. But how much do you know about construction sales tax and compliance? Our goal at zlien is to help you attain fair payment for you work, by any means (not only mechanics lien compliance). In that spirit, zlien’s CEO Scott Wolfe will be co-presenting a webinar hosted by sales tax experts Avalara to help you freshen up your construction sales tax practices.
Wolfe will present with Mason Brugh (CPA, CCIFP, CCA, CCP and Co-Managing Director of Shelton & Company), who has significant experience working with construction and contracting businesses.
Brugh and Wolfe will decipher the complexities of sales tax and the surrounding laws, including how sales tax is collected and remitted in the construction industry. Wolfe will also dive into securing rights in order to prevent financial risk, while Brugh will discuss auditing in the construction industry. To familiarize yourself with construction sales tax, read “5 Things Construction Contractors Should Know About Sales Tax”.
Brugh will discuss:
- Why the construction industry is different than other industries when it comes to sales and use tax compliance
- Why construction companies often face costly penalties when audited
- What state auditors look for when auditing construction companies and independent contractors
- How to avoid common audit red flags
Wolfe will discuss:
- The complexities of the construction industry in properly managing security rights
- How lien waivers can be the backbone of fair payment
- How to use security rights and lien waivers to avoid being out-leveraged
- Why it is necessary for construction companies to properly manage security rights for fair payment
Sales Tax and Security Rights
Date: Wednesday, Sep. 30
Time: 2:00 pm ET
Duration: 1 hour