Users that want to get the most out of zlien will use the platform to delegate tasks, manage projects, and build better reporting for lien rights and credit management.
Whether you're a brand new user looking to optimize your account from the start (see screenshot below), or an experienced zliener looking to save time - these functionalities are built for you!
organize by company branch/location
If you have multiple company names, divisions, or branches, you can set these up in zlien with what we call “Company Locations.” We recommend setting up locations if you need to do any of the following:
- List different company information on documents depending on which branch or arm of the company is managing the project
- Organize workflows and/or reporting by location
- Limit sub-user access to only see projects associated with particular location(s)
To create locations, either follow the steps in the account set-up wizard the first time you login, or log in to your account at a later date and click on the settings icon in the top right corner of the blue navigation panel.
Then click on "Company and Users," click the "Locations" tab at the top of the screen, then "Add New Location."
After your locations are added, you will need to assign your projects to a location in order to sort and assign projects by location. When adding a project, you can associate a location with that project by selecting from the dropdown menu under "Location."
save time with LINES OF BUSINESS
Lines of Business are organizational tools that can be used in a variety of ways:
- They allow you to set certain defaults (project type, your role on the job, etc.) that will auto-fill fields when you manually add projects to zlien to save you time.
- They also allow you to further segment your project assignments in zlien. Some companies use their actual lines of business — paint, drywall, repairs, etc. Others use LOBs to further break down location assignments.
- For example, let’s say projects within a branch are divided between two agents. In addition to assigning projects to that branch location, you can also associate a Line of Business to designate the project as belonging to one agent or the other.
To set up your Lines of Business, log in to your account and click on the settings icon in the top right corner of the blue navigation panel. Then click on "Company and Users," click the "Lines of Business" tab at the top of the screen, then "Add New Line of Business." You can name it anything you'd like, and start assigning it to projects!
delegate work amongst users
Now that you’ve set up your Locations and Lines of Business, you can add users and assign them to particular locations and lines of business to delegate responsibilities. Users will only be able to see projects if they are associated with those locations and lines of business.
To add users and/or assign these items to users, go to Settings > Company and Users > "Add New User." From there, you will see the assignment options.
filtered views and reporting features
zlien allows you to sort, filter, and export data throughout your account based on location, line of business, and even user action. If you're an account administrator, managing multiple workflows in zlien, or need to pull customizable reports, these functionalities are built for you!Click below for more inspiration:
- More Queue Sort and Filter Options in the new zlien
- 4 Tricks to personalize your zlien account (one of our favorites: change the column headers on any list page!)
- 4 Awesome Reports You Can Pull in the new zlien platform
Setting up locations, lines of business, and users are a great way to start organizing your data and getting more out of your zlien account. Interested in optimizing further? Check out the Action Center Queue if you want to set up custom-automated task flows based on location, line of business, and much more. Reach out to your account manager for more info!